Search the South Central Library System LINKcat catalog.
Search outside of the South Central Library System with WorldCat.
- Affordable Care Act Information
- Free Credit Report Information (Federal Trade Commission)
- Legal Information
- Tax Information
- Teen Health and Wellness Hotlines
- Voting Information
- Baraboo Area Websites
is available for use only in the library. Stop by and talk to a librarian for more information.
Genealogy and Local History Resources:
- Sauk County Historical Society
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Baraboo News Republic Index in LINKcat
- Interment.net: Cemeteries of Sauk County, Wisconsin
- Sauk County Cemetery Finder (only for cemetery location, not burial locations)
- Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865: Arranged Alphabetically (Google Books)
- Handouts from Getting Started with Family History program on September 17, 2015 (PDF)
- Researching Your Old House in Baraboo (PDF)
- Sauk County Register of Deeds
- Sauk County Grantor/Grantee Index (mid 1800s - late 1986)
Volumes 1-3 are an anecdotal and chronological history from 1839 through 2008. They are a collection in chronological form of the author’s articles as they appeared in the Baraboo Sun and the Baraboo News Republic from 1997 through 2008, with many additional pictures from the author and the Sauk County Historical Society. Volumes 4 and 5 are stand-alone volumes that cover articles written from 2009 to 2014.
Baraboo 1850-2010: Chronology of the Growth of the Commercial & Retail Districts by Joseph Ward (Volumes 1-5)
This five-volume work covers the chronology of the growth of the commercial and retail districts in Baraboo. It also includes a large "About Section" and "Trivia Section" that discuss topics of local historical interest.
Baraboo 1850-2015: Chronology of the Growth of the Commercial & Retail Districts by Joseph Ward (Volume 6)
This is a continuation of Baraboo 1850-2010 : Chronology of the Growth of the Commercial & Retail Districts and contains over 1,500 Baraboo and West Baraboo "businesses, business people, local events and articles of interest" and in most cases will refer you to a specific address or section. In some cases the index of this volume may refer you Volumes 1-5 of Baraboo 1850-2010.
Published by a committee of citizens of Wisconsin in the interest of a project for the establishment of a state park in the Devil's Lake region of central Wisconsin. Map on verso of back cover. It was digitized by the Baraboo Public Library and the South Central Library System and is part of the State of Wisconsin Collection in the University of Wisconsin Digital Collections.