Baraboo 1850-2010 : Chronology of the Growth of the Commercial & Retail Districts - Volume 1 includes an index for all 5 volumes of the work followed by an "About Section" that covers many topics of local historical interest.
1. Introductory Pages
3. About Section Introduction
4. About Wisconsin, The "Badger" State
5. Ho-Chunk and Winnebago Explained
6. About Sauk County
7. About the Evolution of Roads Leading to and Through Baraboo Including Hi-Way 12
8. Place Names in Sauk County, Wisconsin
9. About Baraboo
10. Origin of the Name "Baraboo"
11. About Baraboo Schools
12. About the Yellow Ringling Home on Eighth Street
13. About Street Names and House Numbers
14. About the Iron Horse & Orphan Trains
15. About the Bridges of Baraboo
16. About Local Newspapers
17. About the Sauk County Fair
18. About the Catholic Church
19. About the Post Office
20. About Devil's Lake Area
21. Legends of Devil's Lake
These documents can be searched using the Find feature in Adobe Reader to locate words with exact spelling. If you have any questions on searching these documents, please contact the Baraboo Public Library.
The creation of the digital files by the Baraboo Public Library for Baraboo 1850-2010: Chronology of the Growth of the Commercial & Retail Districts was supported in part by a grant from the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts. Additional support was received from the Sauk County UW-Extension, Arts and Culture Committee.
The copyright of the digital files is held by Joseph Ward and the files on this website are used by permission of the author. This electronic edition is for non-commercial personal use and research. Any other use of this information will require the written permission of the copyright holder.