If the South Central Library System does not own the material you need, we can send a request to another library that is not in our library system.
Patrons with a valid library card in good standing (no fines, no overdue items) from any of the South Central Library System library can place out-of-system requests. You must have your library card number at the time you place your request.
Patrons can only request 5 items per week for out-of-system interlibrary loans. If there are more than five requests, you will be asked to submit the additional requests at a later date, as we cannot keep lists of requests.
- Your out-of-system interlibrary loan requests will not appear on your list of Hold Requests in LINKcat.
The loan period for out-of-system interlibrary loans is usually 1 to 4 weeks. The owning library determines the loan period for the item. Please use the material promptly. Renewal requests should be made at least 3 days before the item is due. A 90-day waiting period is required before we can request the item again.
The yearly limit for requests is 100 per year.
Items are to be returned only to the Baraboo Public Library Adult Services Desk.
Do not return items in the book drop.
Overdue charges for out-of system interlibrary loans are $1.00 per day.
- For more information check out the Out-of-System ILL FAQs
How do I make a request?
There are several ways you can make a request:
- Stop by the Library and fill out an Out-of-System ILL Request Form
- Call the Library at 608-356-6166
- Make your own requests directly in WorldCat (currently unavailable). Contact the Library for more information on how to make a direct request.